Here’s your chance to take part in a unique experience that stands high above the rest. On September 5, 100 intrepid adventurers will go Over The Edge by rappelling nine stories down the side of one of downtown Burlington’s tallest buildings: The Courtyard Marriott Harbor Hotel.
YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8rqJufgGxk
Over the Edge for the Flynn is an opportunity for participants to push their limits and engage in something they will never forget. The Flynn opens up new worlds to over 200,000 people with its cultural programs, including 40,000 schoolchildren with its student matinees and educational programs, and it’s with that spirit that we invite you to take in the 360 degree view of Burlington and Lake Champlain as you take that big step Over The Edge!
Proceeds from Over the Edge for the Flynn will go toward the Flynn’s cultural and educational programs, including scholarships for FlynnArts students, subsidies for student matinees, and subsidized tickets for our social and human services partners. Through this fundraiser, you will help to ensure accessibility to the performing arts for all children in the region so that they can experience the wonder of live performance, participate in engaging workshops, and attend other educational programs.
There are three ways to participate:
Rappelers will earn their spot to go Over The Edge by raising pledges on a personalized online fundraising page. Since this event is limited to just 100 rappelers, we expect available rappelling spots to be claimed quickly!
- Individuals: To go Over the Edge, participants must raise a minimum of $1000. The majority of fundraising is done online through our donation portal.
- Company Teams: Three or more employees from a business or organization rappel, with each raising $1000 or more. All company teams will receive event day recognition.
- Toss The Boss: Send your (willing) boss Over the edge by raising a minimum of $1500. Rally your co-workers to make it a company wide effort to raise funds and see your boss take that big step over the side of the Courtyard Marriott! Companies that participate in Toss The Boss will receive event day recognition.
All rappelers will receive:
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity rappel off of the Courtyard Marriott hotel, with 360 degree views of Burlington and Lake Champlain
- Complimentary practice rappel at Petra Cliffs
- A t-shirt to commemorate the experience
- A summer “Game On” reception at Zero Gravity
- “Get Ready To Rappel” reception at the Courtyard Marriott on September 4
- A “Hero Video” of your descent posted on the Flynn’s YouTube channel so you can show your family and friends
- Two free tickets to the opening performance of the Flynn’s 2015-16 season, Weston Playhouse’s The Glass Menagerie, on September 11
- Prizes for the top fundraisers (see below for categories)
- The satisfaction of raising funds to support the Flynn’s cultural and educational programs.
All the top fundraisers will be recognized in the Flynn Marquee membership publication, plus:
The individual rappeler who raises the most will receive:
- An overnight stay at the Courtyard Marriott and dinner for two at the hotel’s restaurant, Bleu (alcohol not included)
- A pair of tickets to any five Flynn-presented shows of your choice (performances must be chosen by September 30)
The company team who raises the most will receive:
- An ice cream party for their entire staff (up to 1,000 people)
- A pre-show reception for up to thirty guests with ten complimentary tickets to a Flynn-presented performance
The “toss the boss” rappeler who raises the most will receive:
- An ice cream party for his or her entire staff (up to 500 people)
Prizes will also be awarded to the top fundraisers in the following categories:
Thank you so much to our generous sponsors:
Thank you so much to our media sponsors: