This week we paired various beers with delicious Cabot Creamery cheddar cheeses, with the help of Tom Bivins, Executive Director of the Vermont Cheese Council, and Craig Gile, Master Cheese Grader at Cabot Creamery. They talked about different types of cheddar cheese, various awards won, and some great cheese festivals around the country.
Here are the pairings, in case you’d like to try them ad home:
- South End Lager from Queen City Brewery with Vermont Sharp Cheddar
- Heart of Lothian from Drop-In Brewing with White Oak Cheddar
- Saison Dupont from the Brasserie Dupont and Orval Trappist Ale from Brasserie d’Orval with Alpine Cheddar
- Blood Orange Brew Free! or Die from 21st Amendment Brewery with Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Wolf Among Weeds from Golden Road Brewing with Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- Little Wolf from Zero Gravity Brewery with Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar
- Vitus from Weihenstephaner with New York Vintage Cheddar
- Unearthed from Long Trail Brewing with Artisan Reserve Cheddar
- Rosetta from Brewery Ommegang and Ruffled Feathers from Stony Creek Brewery with Hot Habanero Cheddar
Listen below or find us on iTunes!